Hey! Welcome back to Blogging with Reese!! I’m happy you’re here! Today I’m gonna be wrapping up April! (Oh my gosh, where did the time go?)
I cannot believe that it’s almost May. CANNOT. It was just 2020 yesterday, wasn’t it?
Anyways, let us get to the post, shall we?
Um, I’ll be right back! *checks Goodreads*
- Blended by Sharon M. Draper
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth (check out my review here!)
3. When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin
4. Fighting Words by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
5. The Giver by Lois Lowrey
6. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowrey
7. Messenger by Lois Lowrey
8. Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams
9. The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix
10. Son by Lois Lowrey
11. The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
12. The Bridge Home by Padma Venkatraman
Overall, I’d say April was a pretty good reading month. My favourite book was definitely Fighting Words. It was so hard to read, but that made it an even more awesome book. Another great book was The Strangers. That was a more light-hearted (than Fighting Words) and fun book.
Hmmmm, well, I definitely wrote lots of blog posts! Nine in total, including this one!
As for other things, I did write a few more poems this month, seeing as it was Haiku day a few weeks ago.
And, guess what? I even found time to write a short story! (By short, I mean the shortest story I have ever written. 97 words.) It was super fun to write, and I love how it turned out!
Um, I didn’t exactly do lots of ‘real’ art, but I did do lots of digital design this past month, so I’m gonna say that it counts…?
On a totally different hand, I’m gonna update you guys on my singing in this category, because for some reason, I never made a ‘Songs I Sang’ graphic thingy. Possibly because I didn’t sing that much, even though it was one of my 2021 goals.
But this month, I sang a lot! I joined my school’s music club, and I have been practising and singing a song there every week! And guess what? My singing’s improved! It’s a miracle! I honestly never thought it would, but I’ve been doing karaoke every day and look what’s happened!
Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been stretching this past month! My splits haven’t improved a whole lot (aka I still can’t do them), but I have been working on my back flexibility and it’s definitely gotten better!
My sister and I have also been practising an acro routine that I made up for our school talent show!! I’m super excited, especially since we’re going to be preforming it later today!! EEEEEEEE!!!!
My May goals are mostly the same as my April ones, but with a few things changed around.
- Improve stretching and practise at least 5 times a week
- Sing every week in music club (and practise outside of music club)
- Write lots of blog posts and maybe some short stories and poetry
- Practise with my camera more and take pics and videos and edit them
- Read, read, read and read!
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! What are some of your goals for May? Have you read any of the books I read this past month? What’s your favourite song to sing?